Welcome to Card Game DB
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The future of BCL

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

sammann11

sammann11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts

POPULAR

Whelp....never say never is the lesson here, I suppose. 

This is (for the most part ^_^ ) a great community. I've received many words of encouragement and requests to keep this thing running. After the burnout of worlds prep and BCL Expansion project testing, trolls insulting me and drama around a freaking fan-made expansion I was gonna hang it up, but, the trolls fell away, the new BCL season started up. The coals smoldered back to life and the encouraging words of so many of you fanned those flames of Conquest love back to life. Thank you.

So I'm gonna work on a happy medium here - the BCL octgn league will continue, albeit in a slightly trimmed down manner:

*5 weeks/rounds of swiss (mainly due to smaller attendance).

*No prize support (getting prizes made, seeking donations, labeling, stuffing, sealing and mailing envelops - all this stuff is very time consuming). The game is no longer living so i'm not gonna bust my butt to build up the community. This is just for fun now.

*However - The winner of each league will get to work with the BCL design team to make their very own card! Speaking of which....

Again, mainly due to the inspiration from this fine community, the BCL Expansion Project is continuing. Like the league, though, the approach will shift from one of "keeping the community alive and going" to "let's have some fun doing this. We did last time out." Our goal of fleshing out underdeveloped themes and attempting to raise up lower-tiered Warlords will remain the same.

Now let me say....again:

* You don't wanna use our cards or don't like them? Fine by me. Don't use them.

* You rather use other fan made expansion cards instead? Great! Use them. Do whatever you want.

* Apoka does a great job and they're "doing more" at a much faster pace than we. If you need the fix of continual new cards and Warlords like FFG did, then fine - play with their cards. Have fun! They are doing a fine job of community engagement and keeping this game going. Our attitude is that this is for fun and to use in the BCL leagues for those that want to participate. 

* Fear that the community will split over different fan-made cards? Why? Any damage that this may have done has undoubtedly been done by now and this community seems just fine. Do whatever you want to do to make Conquest continue being a good game for you. And please, if you all you have to say is something mean and vitriolic, I respectfully ask that you keep that stuff to yourself.

Here's a schedule for BCL for the remainder of 2017:

Monday April 24th - sign ups for Spring 2017 BCL open.

Monday May 8th - Swiss rounds for Spring 2017 BCL begin.

Monday June 12th - Top cut for Spring BCL 2017 begins.

JULY 2017 - the 2nd BCL Expansion box will hit octgn and go up on my site.

Monday August 14th - sign ups for Fall 2017 BCL open.

Monday August 28th - Swiss rounds for Fall 2017 BCL begin.

Monday October 2nd - Top cut for Fall BCL 2017 begins.

"Conquest Worlds 2017" on OCTGN, 2-day tournamnet: November 18th and 19th. More details here:

http://www.cardgamed...ament-on-octgn/

Thanks for being a great community and thanks for playing in the BCL and sticking with Conquest.

• gertat, Caldera, Veetek and 9 others like this

dnapolitano

dnapolitano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Hell yeah!

• sammann11, WarFather and SmoothCriminal15 like this

MightyToenail

MightyToenail

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Cool!

• sammann11 and SmoothCriminal15 like this

GasPoweredStick

GasPoweredStick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I think it's amazing what both teams have done in support of a game we all enjoy, and I'm excited to see what happens going forward.

Skyknight

Skyknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Very happy to read this Sam!! This is great news :D :D Let the good times roll!

Ultramarine

Ultramarine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
Woot this is great news indeed. After getting my first taste of BCL I can't wait to play in future leagues so I am very excited.

Yuanti

Yuanti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Sounds good. Last round was my first tournament. It was a blast.
  • sammann11, steinerp and SmoothCriminal15 like this

SmoothCriminal15

SmoothCriminal15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Sounds good. Last round was my first tournament. It was a blast.

I can vouch for Yuanti! He navigated a razor-thin game against me this week, and is somebody to look out for!
Up-and-Comer right here!
  • sammann11 likes this