Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Game of Thrones LCG
|Search for Cards|
|Recent Card Discussion|
Search and Detain
Mar 22 2017 01:34 PM by pikachu
How does this card interact with "Aloof and Apart"? When I play the agenda and this strategy card, and I'm actually chosen as the first player, is it possible for me to choose one of my 4+ costing characters and then not being able to return the character to my hand?
I'm asking because "Search and Detain" has two sentences. I could choose a character (first sentence). Then, after that, I try to return it to my hand, which doesn't work because of Aloof and Apart (second sentence).
It's not formulated in the usual "Do this, to do that"-way and this makes me wonder.
Feb 06 2017 12:46 PM by melic4
Please correct me, if I'm wrong: if several different players reveals this plot, the losing opponent should kill a character for the each revealed plot "Frey Hospitality".
Arms of the Kraken
Jan 25 2017 10:55 AM by Martell
Actually a really cool card to return Harrenhal and the Iron Cliffs to your hand and then play them again in the next round.
Jan 25 2017 10:32 AM by Martell
Is the effect of discarding an attachment optional or will i have to discard one of mine own attachments incase my opponent doesn't own any?
Euron Crow's Eye
Jan 24 2017 12:20 PM by melic4
Yes. When you declare Euron as an attacker (in this moment Euron gets Stealth), and after that you can use the stealth...
Euron Crow's Eye
Jan 24 2017 10:31 AM by Martell
Since he is a Raider himself does that mean he has stealth already when declaring him as an attacker?
Jan 19 2017 01:35 AM by DonHawK
- an attachment should be discarded because current character NOW has printed text "No attachments"
Ser Gregor Clegane
Jan 17 2017 04:23 AM by DonHawK
This ability reads "Any Phase", then whenever an action window opens you can use it to kill a character. It's an ACTION however, not a response. This means you have to observe initiative order and wait for declared actions to resolve before using it in your own window.
This ability kills any characters who is knelt and has STR 2 or less. You may wait until the target attacks or defends or you may even kneel it by using one of the several kneel effects available for Lannister decks.Just remember this ability only works when Ser Gregor is already knelt too.
I'm pretty new to the game but I believe it's how it works.
Jan 16 2017 01:37 PM by melic4
Guys, I need your clarification about the situation when a character has printed text: "No attachments" and plot "Fortified Position" was played.
During the round, when "Fortified Position" plot was played, the text "No attachments" is no longer a restriction, so I can attach any attachment to the character (e.g. "Hodor" from the Core Set).
My question: what should happen with the attachment, after opening a new plot card?
- an attachment should be discarded because current character NOW has printed text "No attachments";
- an attachment should still be in play, and still has its bonus because it had attached earlier, when it was legal;
- an attachment should still be in play, but it doesn't provide its bonus, because of "No attachments".
Jan 14 2017 04:25 PM by bgh251f2
There's the exception for effects that turn chars immune to plot effects like Lwin + Bran.
Ser Gregor Clegane
Jan 05 2017 01:30 PM by melic4
Could you please clarify me properties of this character? I'm not sure about the text 'is kneeling' and 'kneeling character'.
When exactly 'Ser Gregor Clegane' gets this response?
- while he is used as an attacker / defender during the current challenge?
- in any time, if he is already knelt?
Who can be killed using 'Ser Gregor Clegane's' property 'Any Phase'?
- character, who is kneeling as an attacker / defender during the current challenge?
- character, who is already knelt?
Dec 15 2016 05:09 PM by ktom
You can post general rules questions in the "Rules Questions" forum instead of trying to choose a specific card's comments.
- At the beginning of the Marshaling phase, the First Player becomes the "Active Player" and collects gold equal to his/her current income count (plot card plus modifiers).
- There is then a "Player Action" window. This window works like any other player action window in any other phase - i.e., starting with the First Player, all players take turns triggering actions (either "Any Phase" or "Marshaling" in this particular case) until all players pass consecutively. The only difference in the Marshaling phase is that the Active Player, in addition to triggering "Marshaling" and "Any Phase" actions, may pay gold to Marshal characters, locations and attachments from his/her hand.
- Once this Player Action window closes (because all players pass on their chance to trigger and/or play something in a row), the next player in line becomes the "Active Player" and collects their gold.
- There is then another "Player Action" window, the same as any other, but with a different player as the Active Player, and thus able to pay gold to Marshal characters, locations and attachments.
- Repeat until all players have had a turn as Active Player.
A couple of things to notice:
1. When you are the Active Player, you do not get to marshal everything you want without interruption. You marshal (or trigger) something, then your opponent gets the chance to do something, then you marshal (or trigger) something else, then your opponent gets a chance to do something, and so on. So, for example, if you want to trigger 3 Stormlands Fiefdoms to lower the cost to marshal Salla here by a total of 3, your opponent actually has the chance to trigger something of their own between each Fiefdom knelt/triggered and you marshaling the card. People usually forget that this is how it works because players other than the Active Player tend not to have much to do in this window.
2. When a new player becomes the Active Player, it doesn't change who the First Player is. Since the First Player always has the first opportunity to trigger things in each Player Action window, this means that the FIRST PLAYER can actually trigger an "Any Phase" or "Marshaling" ability before an opponent who just became the Active Player (and got their gold) gets the chance to marshal anything.
So, to specifically address your scenario above:
- When the Marshaling phase begins, the First Player becomes Active Player and collects his gold.
- As First Player, he gets to take the first action in the subsequent Player Action window. As the Active Player, that action can be to play a character, location or attachment from his hand.
- BUT, the First Player gets to do one thing only, and then the second player can trigger Salla's ability. So, if the first thing the First Player does is kneel a Street of Steel (to lower the cost of a MIL character), Salla would be able to then discard the First Player's Street of Silk before he gets a chance to use it.
- Note that if the positions were reversed (the First Player has Salla and the second player just became the Active Player), the First Player actually could trigger Salla before the second player, as Active Player, gets to do anything after collecting his/her gold.
Dec 15 2016 04:42 PM by ktom
"Setup" means that in addition to being played like any other attachment, this card may also be placed as part of your 5-gold worth of cards during setup (but only if you also place an eligible character to attach it to). Once the setup process is over, you play this card the same way you would any other 0-cost attachment.
Dec 14 2016 11:42 PM by ringil
what does setup mean? that i can't play this card at other time, only during this step, right?
Dec 12 2016 01:27 PM by melic4
I'm not sure, where exactly this question should be asked, but... I have some doubts about the order of the actions (Salladhor Saan will be used in my example, but the question is more general and related to the order of the actions).
Two players. The first player controls some location, the second player controls Salladhor Saan). Marshaling phase begins.
Can the second player trigger Salladhor's ability before the first player do anything? OR the first player should done all his plans (put into play some characters, locations, attachments, play events and/or trigger abilities on the just played characters and locations)?
Dec 06 2016 04:01 PM by ktom
"Cannot" is absolute. So you are correct, it's not like there is a secret way around "cannot be saved" with duplicates, attachments, etc.
Note that something that "cannot be saved" can still be canceled, and vice versa.
Dec 06 2016 08:39 AM by melic4
One little question: "cannot be saved" means, that NOTHING can save a character from been killed: character abilities, attachments, places, events, duplicates?
Salla's Escort Ship
Dec 01 2016 10:45 PM by ktom
Correct. The card would specifically say, "...choose 2 characters that you control" if you were limited in your target choice.
Ser Edmure Tully
Dec 01 2016 10:43 PM by ktom
Yes. This card is removing the character from the challenge - i.e., making it so that they are not considered to be attacking or participating any more. So those characters will not be able to use Deadly, Renown, etc. because they will not be participating when the challenge resolves.
The card would say, "Attacking characters with STR 1 or lower do not count their STR during this challenge" (or something similar) if the characters continued to participate, but did not contribute to the total challenge STR.
Salla's Escort Ship
Dec 01 2016 01:48 PM by melic4
Please correct me, if I'm wrong: I can choose any characters in the play (not only under my control)!
p.s: it looks interesting together with "Stannis's Northern Cavalry" (Stannis's Northern Cavalry cannot be killed or discarded from play during a phase in which its STR has been raised or lowered. ) - it will be immortal during the challenge phase.
|Browse Full Sets|